Here at Lifft Slings we take the safety of your precious little one seriously.
That’s why our Lifft Pouch Slings comply with British Standard BS EN 13209-2:2005 and our Lifft Stretchy Wraps comply with CEN/TR 16512:2015.
Lifft Stretchy Wraps are designed to be used for full term healthy babies (2.5kg to 15kg) and Lifft Pouches from 3 months to 3 years (maximum 15.8kg). It is important for safety and comfort, it using a Lifft Pouch Sling that you wear the correct size. Please refer to the Sizing Guide tab.
Please read the instruction guide PDF or printed copy which came with your purchase to fully understand how to use the sling before use.
Carrying your baby is fun and enables you more freedom to get out and about as you please, within limitations. With that in mind we ask you to be mindful of the following points:
The following safety information is relevant to all slings including our stretchy wraps and pouches.
- Do not use the sling whilst cooking.
- Take extra care when consuming hot food and beverages when using the sling.
- Do not smoke when using the sling, and keep it away from naked flames such as candles.
- Your movement and the child’s movement may affect your balance.
- Be aware of the increased risk of your child falling out of the sling as they become more active.
- Take care when bending and leaning forwards or sideways.
- The sling is not suitable for use during sporting activities e.g. running, cycling, swimming and skiing.
- Do not use the sling whilst driving or instead of a car seat.
- Do not take off your sling or undo the wrap before taking your child out.
- Only use the sling to carry your baby in the position(s) outlined in the instruction leaflet, and not in any other positions, unless under supervision or guidance from a Babywearing Consultant.
- Follow the washing instruction on the care label and stated in the instructions to look after your sling.
- Regularly inspect your sling for any signs of wear or damage such as small holes or tears. If any damage is detected, stop using immediately your baby and contact us.
- Do not overheat your baby. You and your child should wear thin layers, and use a hat or baby leg warmers if needed.
- Keep the sling away from children when not in use.
WARNING: Constantly monitor your child and ensure the mouth and nose are unobstructed.
WARNING: Ensure your child’s chin is not resting on its chest as its breathing could be restricted which could lead to suffocation
WARNING: To prevent hazards from falling ensure that your child is securely positioned in the sling
WARNING: For pre-term, low birthweight babies (less than 2.5kg) and children with medical conditions, seek advice from a health professional before using a sling.
Take care in use – Always be aware of your baby’s position in the sling. Especially for new dad’s, who haven’t had the added bump to negotiate around obstacles eg Door frames and handles, escalators, gate posts and tree branches etc Even other people. Always be aware of the extra space occupied by your baby.
Here at Lifft Slings we recommend that you read and ALWAYS follow The T.I.C.K.S Rule for Safe Babywearing